Thursday, December 23, 2010

There You Are.

Today is Christmas Eve. For sure madaming tao ang magsisipuntahan sa mga mall at tiangge para mag last minute shopping. Christmas rush.

For some reasons, I didn't expect Christmas to be like this. Working on a Christmas Eve. That's new. When I was younger, I don't have to work. It's Christmas break for schools so children will have time to hunt down their godparents for some presents and good stuffs this Christmas. Now, it's not the same. I'm working and it my turn to give gifts to my godchildren. *old age*

The magical theme of Christmas is perhaps strictly for children only. They are the ones enjoying the gifts and food while adults are thinking of the things to prepare for Noche Buena and gifts to wrap for their friends, relatives and godchildren.

Today, I don't have to do something. I just need to go to work so I will not require myself to work on Monday. (Though I am thinking of going to work because of double pay priviledges. hahaha)

Later at 12mn, it will be Christmas. I have to wait for my godchildren to come to our house so I could give them thier gifts. Tiring job of being an adult.

Adulthood. Quater life crisis. Maybe this is it. Maybe I am also experiencing it today. The denial and frustrations. The what if's questions. Maybe this is it.

The drill of Christmas changes as we grow older. Although the spark of magic has gone, we have this mature understanding that Christmas is when Jesus was born to save mankind from sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment