Monday, November 22, 2010

LET THE CHILDREN EXPERIENCE THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS

Christmas time is a time of sharing giving gifts to those people that needs caring and something that they could use as a motivation in pursuing life's adventures.

I came from a middle-class family. I had a life that is quite affluent. My dad provides for all our needs and my mom have her "side lines". This made us abundant with blessings.



Every Christmas since I was just a little girl, I often see those children on the streets. I was curious on how they celebrate their Christmas- Do they receive gifts? New clothes? I often wonder how they have been managing to live on the streets begging for money or something to eat?

I am also intrigued with those parents ho manage to leave their child at an early age. Infants need their mothers to nourish them as they grow but with the case of some orphaned children, they have been in the nursing homes from the day that they were born. This is a sad reality.



This Christmas, I want to share something for these children. A single present that they will enjoy even for a short span of time. An event that will give them hope. An event that will let them know that someone loves and cares for them.

Let the children experience the true meaning of Christmas. An event for a cause. This is my simple way of appreciating their existence in this world. That they are needed and will be loved. That they are remembered. Christmas is for kids like them. They are the reason why Jesus once said, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” Children are the most favorable citizens of heaven because of their innocence and strong faith.

I want to share the best reason why we should be celebrating Christmas with them- because they are the ones who needs the most love and affection.

*credits:
The pictures are not mine, I got them from Google. I haven't have time to capture shots. :)
The poster was made by Mr. Bernard Joseph Or.

No comments:

Post a Comment